Ladies, as you eagerly await your next sun-soaked adventure, the quest for the best sporty swimsuits begins. With a myriad of choices out there, we're here to guide you towards swimwear that resonates with your fitness needs, whether you're lounging after swimming laps or lunging into the surf.
We've put together a list of our 5 favourite sporty swimsuits that will not only complement your body type but will also boost your confidence.
Let's dive in!What this article covers:
- Top Athletic Swimsuits for Women
- What to Look for in a Sporty Swimsuit
- How to Take Care of Your Swimsuit
Top Athletic Swimsuits for Women
Swimwear shopping can be a daunting task when looking for a piece that's both athletic and fashionable. But worry not! We bring you the crème de la crème of sporty swimsuits that marry functionality with style.
From high necklines to underwire support, these picks are sure to make you feel like the queen you are.
Collective High Neck Swimsuit From Seafolly
First on our list is the stunning Collective High Neck Swimsuit from Seafolly. This piece isn't just about covering up; it's about elegance. The high neck design is a nod to modest sophistication, while its sleek black fabric spells timeless glamour.
Its high-cut leg design not only offers a stylish edge but also enhances mobility, perfect for those active beach days or pool sessions spent swimming laps. This piece is available in a range of sizes, accommodating various body types.
According to our research, the swimsuit ranks among the best high neck swimsuits.
Ink Art Underwired Swimsuit From Charmline
Next, we have the Ink Art Underwired Swimsuit from Charmline, an absolute game-changer for those who need a bit more support. The black and white art-inspired print is on-trend and also incredibly flattering.
The underwire provides the support you need, while the dazzling monochrome paint splash print design speaks to the artistic side, so you can feel like a walking masterpiece.
Antagonist Wide Shoulder Swimsuit From Maryan Mehlhorn
The Antagonist Wide Shoulder Swimsuit from Maryan Mehlhorn is luxury and comfort in one. The wide shoulder straps provide the support we crave, while the black, sand, and caramel tones offer a touch of understated elegance.
This suit is fantastic for athletic bodies, highlighting the shoulders and creating a balanced silhouette.
Seychelles Zip Back Swimsuit From Seafolly
For a pop of colour, we present the Seychelles Zip Back Swimsuit from Seafolly. The azure blue is a showstopper and perfect for those beach selfies! The zip back doesn't just add a sporty element; it makes the suit easy to slip on and off.
This piece features a capped sleeve design, adding a touch of modesty and sophistication rarely found in typical swimwear. It's Ideal for those who seek a combination of coverage and style.
Scallop Square Neck Swimsuit From Sea Level Australia
Last but certainly not least, the Scallop Square Neck Swimsuit from Sea Level Australia combines vintage vibes with modern style. The scalloped neckline is unique and feminine, and the classic black makes it a timeless piece.
This swimsuit stands out with its eco-conscious fabric, consisting of a blend of recycled Nylon and elastane, promoting sustainability. It features fixed soft cup support and adjustable straps for a tailored fit.
Plus, the Powermesh lining on both front and back provides enhanced support, contouring the body beautifully and ensuring a secure feel throughout your sporty beachside adventures.
What to Look for in a Sporty Swimsuit
Here are the specific features you should look for when choosing the best bikini for swimming laps.
Based on our observations, here's what you need to focus on:
Opt for chlorine-resistant fabrics that maintain their elasticity. Our research indicates that nylon blends are often recommended for their durability, quick-drying properties, and ability to hold shape.
Especially important for those with a larger bust, look for swimsuits with built-in bras, underwire, or adjustable straps for adequate support and comfort.
A proper fit is paramount. Too tight, and it restricts movement; too loose, and it might sag or bunch. Look for options with adjustable features for a customised fit.
When looking for the ideal active swimsuit, consider options with a secure closure. Zips, clasps, or sturdy ties ensure that your swimsuit stays in place during vigorous activities.
For water sports, it is important to choose a swimsuit made from flexible materials and ergonomically designed cuts, allowing for unrestricted movement and enabling you to perform at your best. This is particularly important in competitive settings where a restrictive swimsuit could hinder performance.
Invest in a swimsuit from a reputable brand known for its quality materials and construction. Here at Simply Beach, we offer a range of high-end brands like Seafolly and Charmline
How to Take Care of Your Swimsuit
Proper care extends the life of your swimsuit, maintaining its shape, colour, and fabric quality. So you've chosen the best swimsuit for open water swimming. Here's how to keep it in top condition:
- Rinse immediately: Post-swim, rinse your swimsuit in cold water to remove chlorine, salt, sand, and body oils that can damage the fabric over time.
- Hand wash: Despite what labels sometimes say, hand washing with a mild detergent is the safest bet. It's less abrasive than machine washing, preserving the fabric's integrity.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Never use bleach or other harsh chemicals on your swimsuit. Our findings show that they can deteriorate the material and cause fading.
- Dry properly: Don't wring out your swimsuit, as it can damage the fibres. Instead, lay it flat on a towel, roll the towel up and gently press to remove excess water, then lay it flat to dry in the shade—direct sunlight can fade the colours.
- Alternate use: If you swim often, rotate your swimsuits. Giving your swimwear a rest day can prolong its lifespan.
- Avoid rough surfaces: Sitting or rubbing against rough surfaces can cause pilling and wear out the fabric. Use a towel to sit on, and be cautious around pool edges and wooden benches.
- Store correctly: Once completely dry, store the swimsuit flat in a drawer, avoiding excessive folding or creasing. This helps maintain its shape.
Selecting the best sporty swimsuits requires a keen eye for quality, fit, and functionality. Prioritising comfort, support, and durable materials like nylon blends will ensure you feel confident and agile, whether you're sunbathing or swimming laps.
The care you invest in your swimsuit post-purchase is equally crucial. Proper maintenance practices significantly extend your swimwear's lifespan.
Now you're well-equipped to make an informed choice that marries aesthetic with performance. Head over to our swimming costumes to explore an exquisite range of athletic swimsuits and find the perfect match that accentuates your elegance and meets all your exercise needs.
Here's to feeling unstoppable in a swimsuit that's as fabulous as you are!
If you want to learn more, why not check out these articles below:
- Best Surf Bikini
- Can I Wear a Bikini to a Spa
- Best Swimsuit for Aqua Aerobics
- Best Bikinis for Older Ladies
- Best Swimsuits for Tall Ladies
- Best Bikini for Hourglass Body Type
- Best Supportive Swimsuits
- Best Bikinis for Hip Dips
- Best Bikinis for Petite Frames
- Best Bikini for Rectangle Body Shape
- Best Bikini Bottoms for Love Handles
- What to Wear Over Swimsuit
- What Size Swimsuit Should I Buy?
- What Is Brazilian Bikini?
- What Is an Upside Down Bikini?