- The bikini was named after the U.S. atomic test in the news that week which took place off the Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean
- The style was unveiled at Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris and was modelled by Parisian showgirl Micheline Bernardini
- It was resisted in the US until the early 1960s
- The original slogan was 'it’s not a genuine bikini unless it can be pulled through a wedding ring'
- The most expensive swimsuit in the world is a bikini. Designed by Susan Rosen and Steinmetz Diamonds, the bikini is worth $30 million and is made with more than 150 carats of D flawless diamonds, set in platinum
- The world’s largest swimsuit photo shoot took place on September 25, 2001. Roughly 1,010 women wearing bikinis posed in Sydney, Australia for the photo shoot, sponsored by Cosmopolitan Magazine and Venus Breeze
Baku Harlequin | Pour Moi Coral Reef | Jets Illuminate 50s Twist | Aguaclara Sea Gem
Maryan Mehlhorn Plisse | ViX Coral Carmen | Heidi Klein La Boheme | Phax Elemental Twist
Melissa Odabash Key West | Seafolly Field Trip | Watercult Bohemian Denim | Ted Baker Distinguished Rose
If these aren't enough for you then you can always shop our whole range of bikinis over on our website.