When we buy bikinis, we all usually go for a matching set. But when it actually comes to hitting the beach and the pool in it, sometimes we don't want to wear the same bikini every day.
To maximise the looks you get out of your swimwear then why not try a little bit of mix and match. So many tops and bottoms can be paired together to create a great new set so that you don't step out in the sun in the same suit every day.
But there are a few do's and don'ts when it comes to matching up different pieces so we have put together a handy guide to help you style up a new mix and matched look.
- It's great to pair two solid colours together, why not a black and a red like below?
- Try matching similar fabrics for example crochet with crochet
- If you match a solid colour with a print, make sure the solid colour features in the print
- Match different styles of bikini tops and bottoms so full coverage briefs with bandeau tops or tie-side briefs with halterneck tops etc
Here's a couple of great examples of bikinis to mix and match this season;
On the other hand there are a couple of things we would advise against if you want to look uber stylish in your new mixed up bikini...
- Mixing prints is really hard to pull off so in most cases it's best to avoid
- Try not to pair pieces that are very similar to make up a 'matching' set as it usually doesn't quite look like a set
- Avoid matching very different fabrics such as crochet and neoprene
- It's best not to pair a solid colour with a print if the solid colour doesn't feature in the print, as an example check out the green bottoms with the coral and yellow below
While we love all of these bikinis below in their matching sets and paired with other pieces, it's best not to pair them together;
We hope this post has given you a few pointers if you were thinking of switching up your bikini style this summer! Don't forget we stock loads more bikinis and swimsuits over at SimplyBeach.com.