May is now here which means most of us will be booking summer holidays soon, or have one planned already. The one dilemma on our minds is what to pack and how to pack it. So to get the most of your holiday wardrobe we have put together our top packing tips and our key items you need in your case before you jet off!
Top Tips When Packing
1. Make a list of everything you think you might need
From cleanser, to socks, to hair grips, there's always that one little thing we forget to pack. So before you get your case out make a list of all the things you could possibly need with you. Then you can pick out what is essential to pack!
2. Plan what activities and where you will be going once you get there
If it's all about the beach and pool everyday then pack yourself a lot of swimwear, if you're planning on sightseeing or adventuring then you will need slightly different attire. If you know what you'll be getting up to then you can plan outfits so you don't end up taking too many clothes.
3. If you're going with friends then share the load
If you're going with friends or family that you could share bits with then make a plan of who takes what. You don't need three pairs of straighteners and 3 bottles of shampoo if you're all staying in the same room now do you.
4. Roll it up
Now you've planned what you're going to pack, you need to know how to pack it in the most efficient way to maximise that case space. The best thing to do is roll your clothes rather than fold. This minimalizes the amount of wrinkles in clothing and rolls take up less space, perfect for those extra bikinis we like to take, just in case you fancy rocking two looks in one day at the beach!
5. Make use of all the space you can
Don't forget all those extra little places to pop your clothes in, shoes are perfect for this. Pack your shoes in the bottom or in the sides of the case and then put socks and underwear inside them, you want to make sure that all the space is taken advantage of!
Hand Luggage Key Items
- Top of the list is all of your travel documents such as passport, tickets and travel money.
- When you step off that plane you're going to need some sunnies! Our current faves are the Seafolly Seychelles pair, perfect for adding a bit of Hollywood glamour!
- Whether you prefer music or movies, an iPad or iPod or similar are great things to have with you for entertainment. Just dont forget those headphones! - If reading is more your thing then remember a book or electronic reader. We're never too far from a good book on our holidays!
- Especially if flying long haul, pack a few essentials toiletries to cleanse and moisturise your face. That plane air conditioning isn't our skin's best friend!
- And finally we don't really want to say the dreaded words 'lost luggage', but just in case, it can be handy to pop a change of clothes, a cute bikini and a couple of essentials in your bag. Nobody really wants to be at the pool in their jeans!
Top Summer 2015 Pieces
We all love shopping for new pieces for our holiday so we have put together a few key items for this season that are sure to turn heads by the pool.
An absolute must have is a maxi dress as it's such a multi-tasker. Whether you wear it as a cover up at the beach or to dinner and drinks in the evening this piece will never look out of place.
A great tote like this Seafolly one is another brilliant multi-tasker, perfect for your hand luggage on the plane and and as your beach bag. Also glam up your evening look with this gorgeous gold leather clutch bag.
Catch your tan in one of our absolute favourite bikinis this season from Seafolly, and go for loose and casual clothes in the day time with this stylish striped top and shorts combo.
Then accessorise to the max with a great hat, sunnies, towel and flip flops or espadrilles.
ViX Nile Vicky Long Blue Dress | Seafolly Beachin' Overnighter Bag | Melissa Odabash Woven Gold Leather Bag | Seafolly Field Trip Bikini Top & Pant | Seafolly Temple Tee | Seafolly Sherbet Seychelles Towel | Seafolly French Blue Beach Espadrille | Melissa Odabash MO Gold Sandals | Seafolly Seychelles Sunglasses | Gottex Belladonna Ivory Hat
Make sure to check out the next blog Luggage That Weighs Itself.
We would love to hear where you are off to on holiday this year so leave us a comment below! Remember we have many more bikinis and beachwear perfect for your next getaway over at SimplyBeach.com